IP Video Surveillance
What is a Video Management System?
The security of your business is essential for maintaining profitability and ongoing business operations, so it’s important to put in place the best possible security systems.
An essential component of any quality security surveillance systems is the Video Management System or VMS as it’s commonly known. The role of the VMS is to act as central point for managing mostly cameras but also other devices in your surveillance network.
At Thinkbox Solutions we have partnered with Genetec to deliver their world leaving No.1 Video Management System to the commercial community.
Genetec develops open-platform software, hardware and cloud-based services for the physical security and public safety industry. Its flagship product, Security Center, unifies IP-based video surveillance, access control and automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) into one platform. A global innovator since 1997, Genetec is headquartered in Montreal, Canada, and serves enterprise and government organizations via an integrated network of resellers, integrators and consultants in over 80 countries. Genetec was founded on the principle of innovation and remains at the forefront of emerging technologies that unify physical security systems.
Security Center Omnicast™ is an IP video management system (VMS) that gives you a clear picture of events and empowers you to quickly react to threats. The system scales with your needs and lets you take advantage of the latest hardware and analytics technologies.
With a smarter approach to video, your operations and security improve over time, helping you to take better, more informed decisions.
Omnicast lets you grow your system over time, allowing you to add devices and technologies from a variety of manufacturers. Beyond capturing reliable and usable evidence, it lets you see and understand your environment. Genetec’s VMS is modular and scalable, and lets you:
- Automate security, maintenance, and forensic operations with unified modules and 3rd party integrations
- Unify intercoms with your system for visual identification
- Anonymize everyone captured on live and recorded video
- Monitor video on dynamic maps, web, and mobile applications
- Automate workflows and standard operating procedures (SOPs) with our decision management system and its rules engine
- Unify video management with physical access control
- Associate license plate recognition events with other surveillance cameras
- Get a global view and centralize the operations of all your sites
- Backup your video recordings in secured cloud storage
- Visually verify asset and financial transactions